Eventually a new header is going to show up on this page. Yes, they are JellyBellys. Special ones: the Bertie Bott's Flavor Beans.
Now, when the nieces and nephews have had them I've ughed and arghed and said "why would anyone want to eat those?" That's what aunts are supposed to do, right? But last night, when I stopped in at Caruso's Confectionaries for some lemon/chocolate drops, they cute little boxes were sitting right at the counter. So I bought a box, and here we are.
The silver one on the left is called "sardines". Here goes.
Argh. Uck! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Fortunately, the yellow is a lemon, so we'll clear the palate.
Next up, the brown one next to the sardines. That is called "dirt".
mmmph. Yikes! How do they do that? It's been a long time since I've eaten dirt, but that's it! Fortunately, there's a buttered popcorn in the batch. Unfortunately, it appears that popcorn doesn't quite cover dirt.
Okay, the plain green one is either grass or green apple. I suspect it might be grass. Oh yeah, it is...and I rather like the taste of that. Cool! Now on to the dark green ones...another kind of grass: spinach. Uhoh. Here goes!
It appears that spinach isn't too bad in JellyBelly world. There is no aftertaste. Now we'll add a little Black Pepper (dark one right in the middle). Yum. That is good. Now on to the one I was avoiding the most: Booger. That's the innocent-looking one over on the right, above the lemon. Uck. Tastes like dirt again. But I'm home free. I've saved a cherry and two toasted marshmallows for the finale.
Thank you very much for revisiting childhood with me this fine gray Saturday morning. Maybe I should go turn on the cartoons!
Note: I see that Kathryn published and it came through. Mine hasn't. Hmmm. Mebbe I've done something bad.